Saturday, August 26, 2017

Weekend Book Reviews

Oh, Fudge! by Nancy Coco is the fifth book in the Candy-coated Mystery series.  Allie and her cousin Tori have not spoken since Allie inherited the McMurphy Hotel and the fudge shop.  Tori arrives in town to plan a fundraiser for the Butterfly House.  When Allie finds Tori standing over a dead body, she decides to find the real killer and get back in Tori's good graces.  Even though I guessed the killer early on, I enjoyed this book.  The fudge shop and the supporting characters, including the furry ones, made the book interesting.  I have read previous books in this series, but it is not necessary.  I found the cliffhanger in Allie's personal life makes me look forward to the next book.

Book two in the Tangeled Web Mystery series by Sadie Hartwell is A Knit Before Dying.  Josie, owner of Miss Marple Knits, is happy that her store is doing well.  She is even happier to have rented out the adjoining storefront to two antique dealers, Lyndon and Harry.  Lyndon, who arrives early to set up the store, seems like the perfect renter.  Sadly her first meeting with Harry is when he is found by Josie standing over Lyndon's dead body.  I read the previous book, but this one stands well on its own.  The mystery is well written with a few twists and turns.  While I am not a knitter, I thoroughly enjoyed this book.  The characters feel like dear friends, and I can hardly wait to visit them again.

disclosure:  I received these e-books from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: