Monday, July 16, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 28

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 28 was pandemic preparedness.  I sort of think of this one as the need to be quarantined either to prevent the spread or prevent catching it.  I am not a complete germophobe, but W and I never share illnesses.  Even the year he got swine flu, and the doctor's office tried to schedule me an appointment for several days after his since they assured me I would catch it from him.  Nope, did not happen.  I keep a scary amount of disinfectant spray on hand and a variety of medicines - over the counter and home remedies.  I actually prefer to avoid going into town when there are outbreaks of the flu, viruses, etc. during a normal year. 

2.  Makeover the Garden
I spent a couple of mornings last week adding supports for the tomatoes, tomatillos, cucuamelons, and cantaloupes.  I have a garden post scheduled for later this week.  With recent rains, the weeds are once again out of control.  I have so many other things going on this week that the garden may take a backseat.  I do need to find a bit of time in the evenings for weeding.  I also want to dehydrate some oregano.

3.  Organize Recipes
I actually spent some time on this goal last week.  I put a few recipes into my cookbook and tossed some paper ones that I either no longer used or could not see myself cooking.  I also deleted a bunch from my Pinterest boards.

4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
I stuck to my budget last week, and I am hoping to skip the grocery store for our groceries.  I do need to pick up a few things for church, and I budget separately for that.

5.  Focus on Saving
My focus for the next couple of months is going to be using up what I have.  I have plenty of stuff and need to use it up.  This is mainly in regard to food items, makeup, and craft supplies.

6.  Etsy Shop
I expect adding any additional items will have to wait until next month.  I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with other things at the moment. 

No comments: