Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Freezer Challenge

Monday I opened my freezer to find something for dinner (lunch) and was greeted by this sight.




It was obvious that we have way too much food in the freezer.  It is impossible to really organize this so I decided it was best to start using it up.  I decided to challenge myself to use at least one thing from the freezer for the remainder of this month.


So far I have used:


Ham
Ground meat
Fish fillets
Tomatillo salsa
Thai seasoned ground chicken
Pasta with chicken and pesto


I am hoping to at least make a dent in it this month.  I do expect I will find some lost items that are past use.  So far everything has been just fine!

2 comments:

Out My window said...

I so need to do this and am trying to use up. I dug to the bottom looking for sausage and found chicken I need to use.

terricheney said...

Gosh yes! I'm kinda of holding on for January though because that is the month of cutting back to the bone and figuring out what I need to stock up on (not freezer items!).