Wednesday, January 2, 2019

In the Garden

For January the weather in my part of the south is very warm.  The high yesterday was close to 80 degrees.  It feels very strange, but I am not complaining.  I love warm weather.  Warm weather means that I can get out in the yard.  I realize I can go out when it is cold, but I do not like go out there if I have to bundle up in layers.


I took advantage of the warm weather to get out in the garden.  The only thing from my fall garden that the chickens did not get into was the cabbage which are growing nicely.




I weeded some of the herbs and did some maintenance on them.

Catnip with the cage to protect it from the cats

Pineapple Sage

Lemon balm, thyme, and rosemary

Bell pepper

Poblano Peppers

Yellow Pear Tomato Blossoms

Tiny garden pea shoots - Garden peas are a winter crop here.

Tomato seedlings - These came up voluntarily when I prepped the bed to plant the garden peas.  I only wish I could remember what variety I had planted there. 

The January garden does always look so green and lush.  I am sure cold weather will move in soon and the fun will be over.  I am just enjoying it while I can.


2 comments:

Out My window said...

Your garden looks lovely, I can't wait for spring to plant mine.

Tammy said...

That all looks amazing for a winter garden. The peppers especially surprised me. Lucky you!