Thursday, February 9, 2012

Weekly "Grocery" Spending

I use the term 'grocery' loosely to describe my spending this week.  I used up all of the $59 I had left.  Not all of it was for groceries though.  I spent some at Lowe's and Dollar Tree for potting soil, plants, and pots.  Taking that into account I have added a garden line to my budget sheet.  I did not need the money for groceries this week, but I know that I am going to buy garden stuff so I need to plan ahead for it.

Now to the actual groceries - at Save-a-Lot I bought butter, milk, corn flakes, pudding mix, and crushed pineapple.  The last three were needed for dishes for a family that suffered a death this week.  I spent $11.38. 

Second stop was Harvey's.  I took advantage of a Unilever deal Buy $15 and get $5 off instantly.  I bought eight bottles of salad dressing and a jar of mayonnaise.  Counting the money I spent on coupons I paid about $4 for all of that.  I also bought bread flour, cheese, and fruit.  My total for everything was $29.60. 

I have no set menu again this week.  We have been busy the past couple of days, but I was not tempted to eat out.  We have plenty of food on hand.  A time or two our meals are "on your own" as we have had leftovers to finish up.  Not having a menu makes meal planning a bit harder so I need to get back on track next week.

No comments: