Thursday, March 6, 2014

In The Kitchen



I am trying to get into the habit of a weekly In the Kitchen post as I spend a fair amount of time cooking.  I love trying out new recipes.  I usually do a new recipe at least once a week.  Fortunately my family and neighbors do not mind being guinea pigs (AKA: taste testers).








My first test recipe was to help me use up some egg yolks.  I saw a recipe for Chocolate Pudding Popsicles from The Prudent Homemaker.  I only had two egg yolks, but it was an easy recipe adjustment.  I have not eaten one yet.  (It has been much too cold for eating popsicles.)  I did try a small bowl of the leftover pudding which was delicious!!  I have faith that the popsicles will be just as yummy.


 




 


I wanted to make a cupcake recipe but did not have enough sour cream.  I was browsing around for a recipe to try and stumbled across one for Churro Cupcakes from The BakerUpstairs.  I got 18 cupcakes out of the recipe.  I opted to freeze nine for later so I cut the frosting recipe in half.  These were good too.  W thought they tasted like cinnamon nut bread and refused to eat more than a bite of one.  More for me!  I shared some with my parents and got rave reviews.  The frosting is wonderful and not too sweet.


 


I apologize for the awful picture.  The zoom on my camera seems to be going out. 
I guess a new camera purchase is in my future.

No comments: