Friday, April 6, 2018

Frugal Friday

1.  I planted pepper seeds directly in the garden rather than buy plants after my hot pepper seedlings bit the dust.  I have a long growing season and should be fine.  I am babying the other pepper seedlings a bit more in hopes they survive.  I was gifted a few tomato, pepper, and eggplant plants which I planted in one of my new raised beds.

2.  I canceled my CBS All Access subscription since the basketball tournament is over.  It was worth the $6 to watch the Duke Blue Devils play for as long as they lasted.  I saw nothing that would make me want to pay the $6 each month though.  I can still watch for a couple more weeks.  Canceling early means that I will not forget and get charged again.

3.  The weather warmed up enough that I was able to open the windows for a couple of days.  I hope soon to be able to cut off the heat/air for several weeks.  Until then I will take the day or two that I can get.

4.  I did my best to use up all of the leftovers this week.  I generally cook a main meal at dinner (lunch), and then we eat the leftovers the following evening.  This way we are not eating the same thing twice in a row which is W's only complaint about leftovers.

5.  I borrowed a few free magazine issues from Amazon.  I also signed up for a couple of free subscriptions through Reward Survey.  I like magazines, but they are not necessarily in the budget.  I do my best to find alternatives. 

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

RewardSurvey is a great way to get easy and free magazines. Sometimes a magazine will catch my eye in the store and I’m shocked at how expensive they are. Years ago magazines were a splurge for me but I’m not tempted by store ones anymore.