Monday, April 30, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 17

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 17 was all about water preparedness.  That is a concern living in the country when we depend on electricity to power the well.  I do have water filtration straws, but I need to think seriously about a water storage system.  I need to research the best system for saving water.  Any input?  The frugal side of me hates to think about paying for water.


2.  Makeover the Garden
The second herb bed is in.  I have noticed many of the pepper and tomato seeds sprouting.  I have been continuing to pull weeds a little at a time.  I am determined to have a mostly nice garden with few weeds.  Toby loves playing and helping so this gives me a way to stay busy and keep an eye on him.  I am excited to try sprouting some guava seeds after W brought home guavas from the farmer's market.


3.  Organize Recipes
Once again I ignored this goal.  The weather will change, and I will need an indoor activity.


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
I have completed four of these so far this year.  While I have a reason to go to town each week I have been picking up a few sale items.  I know once the garden is producing I will get my grocery trips down to once or twice a month at most.


5.  Focus on Saving
I made a menu focused on foods on hand.  We ended up eating more leftovers so I will be shifting those meals to this week.  I worked on the reward sites.  I have kept the focus on making do with what I have.


6.  Have Fun
I did spend $1 on a two week trial of Craftsy Unlimited.  I have been binge watching lessons ranging from cooking to baking to crochet.  I have one week of my trial left so I am expecting that to be my fun for the coming week as well.

No comments: