Monday, April 9, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 14

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 14 is mental preparedness.  I do not spend piles of time thinking about disasters.  I do think I handle emergencies pretty well.  Perhaps it is due to my time as a volunteer fire fighter.  I pretty much did nothing in regard to this.

2.  Makeover the Garden
W finished building two more raised beds and one divided herb bed.  I filled one bed and moved a small one to another area of the garden.  I neglected to harden off my hot pepper plants before planting them, and they all died.  I planted seed directly in the garden.  I also planted gifted pepper, tomato, and eggplant plants.  I filled the first herb bed and also planted herb seeds in other areas of the garden.

3.  Organize Recipes
I am saving this one for when the weather gets hot or winter returns.

4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
This did not happen last week, but I am aiming for one this week or next.

5.  Focus on Saving
I am trying to get back to super saving mode starting this week.  My focus for the remainder of April will be on making do with what we have.  I am also spending a bit of time each day working to earn gift cards to purchase needed items.

6.  Have Fun
This past week my fun was definitely working in the garden.  I love going out each day and checking on the plants.

No comments: