Saturday, May 1, 2021

Weekend Book Reviews

 Herbal Houseplants by Susan Betz is full of helpful information from herbal newbies to seasoned growers.  Clear, detailed information is given for a variety of common and not so common herbs.  I found the book to be insightful, and it taught me several things.  While I tend to grow herbs outdoors in the garden, this is an excellent resource for people with limited growing space.  

A Wicked Yarn by Emmie Caldwell is the first book in the Craft Fair Knitters Mystery series.  Lia is looking forward to the Crandalsburg Craft Fair where she sells items that she and her fellow knitters create.  It looks like the craft fair may be coming to an end when the barn where it is held comes up for sale.  When the potential buyer is found murdered, Lia sets out to solve the mystery and clear her friend's name.  I absolutely loved the craft fair setting and the fiber art theme.  The mystery was rather weak as I picked out the murderer early on although the why was not clear until the end.  I enjoyed this first book overall and look forward to the next.

The sixth book in the Shamelessly Adorable Teddy Bear Mystery series by Meg Macy is Wedding Bear Blues.  I enjoy this series but this was not my favorite book.  Sasha and her sister Maddie are in a wedding with the most annoying people on earth plus an annoying dog.  I had a bit of trouble keeping all of the extra characters straight.  The book dragged a bit in sections.  The main characters were still wonderful, and the mystery was strong.  A small bump in the series is not enough to keep from reading the next book!

disclosure:  I received these e-books through NetGalley in exchange for honest reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: