Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Recipe Review of the Week - Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

 I collect recipes.  I stock up on cookbooks, tear pages from magazines, and save way too many on Pinterest.  My goal is to actually try some and more them from "this looks good" to either a save or trash pile.  I am going to try one recipe a week.  

Also once I find a great recipe for a particular item I will stop trying recipes.  I broke my own rule this first week.  I had the perfect recipe for a chocolate chip cookie bar.  Instead of using it I tried a different one.  It was a disaster and I am not even going to share it here.  Instead I will share my favorite.  I apologize for the lack of a photo, but the recipe I did use was an epic disaster.

This chocolate chip cookie cake is fantastic.  I have made it dozens of times with no issues.  This is my go to recipe for birthdays for my Sunday night youth group.  When given a choice between a cake, cupcakes, and this cookie cake, all but the youngest chooses the cookie cake.  

Follow the link to see the gorgeous photos and get the recipe to make your own.  I promise to quit looking for chocolate chip cookie cake/bar recipes. 

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Thanks Dawn. You know I like recipes that just use basic ingredients and I think my grands will think this is both yummy and fun.