Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Tuesday Tip - Software Alternative

I used to be an avid Microsoft Office user.  I fell away from it once it was offered only as a subscription.  I did notice recently that the non-subscription version is being sold again.  Fortunately a free alternative is available:  Open Office.  I downloaded the software and have used it for several weeks.

Open Office includes text document, spreadsheet, presentation, and database programs.  I am able to type documents, labels, and add pictures to documents using the text document program.  The spreadsheet program allows me to keep up with my budget on the computer again which makes me very happy.  I have not used the presentation or database programs, but I expect these to be equally as good.

If you only need these type of programs for home use, I highly recommend Open Office.  The software does everything I need and was free!

No comments: