Saturday, February 4, 2017

Weekend Book Reviews

Murder Go Round by Carol J. Perry is book four in the Witch City Mystery series.  I have not read any of the previous books in this series, but I had not problem following the characters and story of this book.  Lee and her Aunt Ibby purchase a locker at a storage auction which yields some treasures and a pile of trash and trouble.  The mystery pulls in historical aspects which I enjoyed.  The characters were fun, and the setting of Salem was wonderful.  I did need to adjust to Lee's psychic powers, and the part they played in the book.  I did like what the cat, O'Ryan, added to the book.  Overall this was a good book with an equally good mystery.  I am already looking forward to reading the previous books as well as the next in this series!

Murder Wears White by Stephanie Blackmoore is book two in the Wedding Planner Mystery series.  I had read the previous book, but it is not necessary to make the current book enjoyable.  Renovations on Mallory's bed and breakfast are underway.  They get pushed into overdrive when a June wedding gets pushed up to November.  As if that were not enough, Mallory's sister and most of the contractors believe that the B&B is haunted.  To complicate matters further the bride's aunt dies as the result of an allergic reaction.  This book is full of action and several subplots.  I solve one of the mysteries within the mystery very early on.  The main mystery kept me guessing until the end though.  I enjoyed this book just as much as the first.  Stephanie Blackmoore's series continues to be one of my new favorites.

disclosure:  I received these e-books from NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: