Friday, March 30, 2018

Five Frugal Things

First I need to apologize that y'all got the weekend book reviews on a Wednesday.  For some reason my laptop likes to adjust the date when I schedule a post.  I was in a rush and did not notice before I clicked "publish".  Now on to the frugal doings for this past week....


1.  I discovered that I can pay our electric bill online.  This saves a stamp and nets me a few reward points on the credit card. 


2.  I made a stack of notecards and colorful envelopes using supplies I already had on hand. 


3.  I found milk marked down to $1.25 per gallon.  I got four gallons to put in the freezer.  This particular brand of milk freezes well so I am stocked up for the next month.


4.  I am co-hosting the church Easter egg hunt this coming weekend with my mom.  She does the food, and I do the eggs.  I used eggs bought on clearance last year as well as some that were gifted to us.  I had bought some fillers from Oriental Trading and used some candy from my own pantry. 


5.  The rabbits continue to eat greens from the garden.  I have been feeding the chickens the clover and other weeds I pull from the garden. 

1 comment:

Out My window said...

Those are great savings.