Friday, March 23, 2018

Yard Sale Finds & Five Frugal Things

This year our annual yard sale trip was a bit different.  We took Toby with us since there was no one (we trusted) left around the neighborhood to take him for walks while we were gone.  I knew he would ride well since riding is one of his favorite things.  He handles meeting new people with no trouble.  We put him in his new super sturdy harness and headed out.  He did fine but was one tired puppy by the time we arrived home. 


As far as finds this year it was slim.  I count that partly due to the fact I was not looking for much this year.  The second part is that I have a bigger goal of saving money this year.  I found just a few things.  I got a Salad Shooter that was missing some parts, but I have those parts.  I got some glass storage jars and some herb plants. 


Now on to the frugal doings for the past week....


1.  We cut off the heat for a couple of days and opened the windows.  I am ready for Easter to get here so the weather will warm up for good. 


2.  W is on a new schedule at work  We are adjusting to the change.  I planned out meals and his lunches.  While I am putting together his main meal, I also fix myself a plate.  This ensures that I am eating more than just snack foods while he is at work.  It has involved a few new recipes.  This week we had chicken avocado salad wraps and bacon ranch pasta salad. 


3.  I used gift cards earned through Swagbucks to purchase some garden supplies.  W is building me new raised beds to replace some that are worn out. 


4.  I have been cleaning out some areas of the garden.  The chickens have been eating the weeds, and the rabbits are still eating greens from the fall/winter garden.  It is nice to be able to give them treats without having to spend any money.


5.  Laundry was dried on the line.  All meals were cooked at home, and I made use of leftovers.  I checked for coupons before buying groceries. 

No comments: