Tuesday, March 2, 2010

First Birthday Cakes

My cousin asked me to make the birthday cakes for her daughter's first birthday party. It was going to be a princess themed party. I knew that Wilton's crown pan would be perfect, but I needed more cake. I used a large rectangle as a base. Added some crown and wand sugar lay-ons and edible glitter. Before I get to the picture, keep in mind that I am self-taught. My cake motto is that they taste better than they look.
Next the birthday girl needed her own cake. The problem was that she has several food allergies. I searched online and found a recipe for a vegan cake. I was not sure how it would taste, but it contained nothing that would cause her to have a reaction. Amazingly the cake rose up well and did not taste as bad as I expected. The birthday princess who had never eaten any cake before seemed to enjoy it. I will be holding on to that recipe.

No comments: