Tuesday, June 10, 2008

VBS

I am back with my old digital camera. It works fine, but I do miss the new one. I am saving for a new camera though.

This weekend was Vacation Bible School at my church. Sunday night we always have family night with a meal. This year's theme was beach related so I made a cake in the form of a pair of flip flops. The fruit roll-up I purchased was a bit too soft so my straps did not stand up as well as I wanted. I still think they turned out okay. They did taste delicious. I used a butter cake mix and buttercream icing.



The leftover cake was not wasted. I cubed it up and put it in some cups along with the leftover icing. It was not as pretty as the flip flops, but it tasted delicious and was fine for my family.

2 comments:

CountryMouse said...

These look really good - what a good idea for a summer cake. Im sure everyone loved it.

Unknown said...

We'd like to invite you to participate in our July berry recipe contest. All competitors will be placed on our blogroll, and the winner will receive a fun prize! Please email me, sophiekiblogger@gmail.com, if you're interested. Feel free to check out our blog for more details.