Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm Back With Yard Sale Finds

Anyone miss me? Between work and a big remodeling project at home I have not had the time or motivation to post. The remodeling project is nearing an end (more about that in a future post), and my teaching job is finished until sometime in January. Now I have time to focus on my blog again.


A few weekends ago was the big yard sale weekend in my area. A large indoor yard sale and many individual yard sales are a bargain hunter's dream. This is part one of the yard sale finds. I have a few other items that have not been photographed yet. Here are my treasures:



First some random kitchen items including a pastry cutter, rose molds, candy thermometer, doughnut cutter, and mini bundt pans. I lumped these items in with some other things to get a better deal.


A fun letter holder that keeps all of my birthday/anniversary cards to be mailed and stamps organized. The second item is a great purse. I love odd things and this purse is definitely ME. The strap was way too long, but dh shortened it for me so it is perfect.

I got all of these books for $3. I was really excited about the ghost story books. I love a good ghost story. I am also interested in reading The Black Dahlia.

I write a bunch of letters. A handwritten and snail mailed letter is so much nicer than email. Fortunately I have lots of friends who share those sentiments and write back to me. This great box of stationery was only $1 and was filled with beautiful paper.

My last purchase was a brand new coffee grinder. I want to roast and grind my own fair trade organic coffee. I looked at this coffee grinder several times, but it was priced higher than I wanted. Apparently I was the only one looking at it though. On my third trip by I offered the seller $5 and he agreed. I am looking forward to putting it to good use.

3 comments:

Susan in SC said...

You really hit the jackpot on your yard sale finds! Woohoo!! And, yes we did miss your psots!

Rhonda said...

great deals, Dawn.

let me know when you make doughnuts, I'll be right over! That doughnut cutter looks like a professional version one too, you should be able to make lots and lots of them.

Susan in SC said...

I've tagged you Dawn. Check my website to see the instructions!