Friday, October 9, 2009

Baby Shower

About a month ago I hosted a baby shower for my cousin and his wife. They are expecting a girl around Thanksgiving. I wanted something a bit different and went with a more sophisticated but still fun theme.



My inspiration was a set of mini candy bar wrappers from Martha Stewart on clearance at Walmart. I chose the rest of the decorations based on these.


The main colors were pink and brown with yellow thrown in. I did order the napkins, plates, and a few decorations on line.



The table were covered with pink tablecloths and brown runners. The table decorations were a last minute idea. I used some pink gift bags that were free from CVS last year. I added yellow ducks that I cut from scrapbook paper using a cookie cutter to get the shape right.




They gave the tables a pop of color for no extra cost. After the shower, I removed the ducks and folded the tissue paper which went back in the gift bags.



The silver punch bowl was accented with my stash of ivy. I found the little pink flowers in my shower decoration box. The pineapple punch was yummy and the perfect color to blend in with the theme.

I would not call it a cheap baby shower. I would say it was tasteful on a budget. I saved money in some areas so that I could afford to spend more in others. Being thrifty is all about balance.

No comments: