Thursday, May 6, 2010

Menu Plan

I am trying to do another pantry/freezer challenge. My plan is to spend less money on groceries over the next eight weeks. We have plenty of food on hand. My problem is decided what to fix. That requires a menu plan. Here is mine for this week.

Yesterday we had pizza and salad for lunch and burritos and salsa/guacamole for dinner. It was not the most balanced, but I was away much of the day.

Today we are having broiled cod fillets, a pasta side, and either salad or slaw for lunch. Our evening meal will be corn dogs and home baked fries with fruit for dessert.

Friday: hamburgers on homemade buns, chips
Saturday: chicken wings, green beans, potato salad
Sunday: BBQ sandwiches on homemade buns
Monday: pizza and salad
Tuesday: sausage and tomatoes in pasta, biscuits

One day this week I want to try out an apple tart recipe. I am only keeping recipes that I seriously plan to test. This is one DH had selected so it is a definite test recipe. I already have the apples so I can try the tart without purchasing any other ingredients.

2 comments:

Susan in SC said...

Sounds like a great menu week. I enjoyed catching up on your past entries. What recipe do you use in your bread machine for the cinnamon rolls - they look DELICIOUS!!

Dawn said...

I use this recipe: http://tinyurl.com/soodr

I do not make the same icing. I just mix powdered sugar with a little milk and a drop of vanilla. I like it to be thick so it sticks to the tops better.