Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Menu Plan

My freezer is practically running over. If I was brave enough to really dig them I would know what is in it. At this point I am afraid to move too much as I am not sure I could get it all back in. My menu plan will focus on using what I have on hand. My only planned purchases this week are milk and items for my husband's work lunches.

  • Pork tenderloin, macaroni and cheese, and peas: Pork tenderloin is the meat that I cook the best. I like to bake it in the oven. The peas are from the freezer and originally from the garden. The macaroni and cheese will be from a mix. I normally make homemade; however, we have a surplus of Kraft Homestyle purchased on sale with coupons.

  • Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, and salad: I am going to make a big batch of meatballs using venison and turkey along with spinach. The garlic bread will be made with homemade bread, and the salad is from the garden.

  • Roast with onions, potatoes, and carrots: I cut a venison roast into pieces and add large diced onions, potatoes, and carrots. This gets topped with salt, pepper, butter/margarine, and Italian dressing. I cover it with foil and bake. It is a hearty meal for a cool, rainy day.

  • Pasta salad: I bought multi-colored spiral pasta with a coupon. I make my own dressing using ranch and Italian dressings. I add in whatever vegetables are in the refrigerator. My husband likes this with club crackers.

  • Black bean quesadillas and guacamole: I made my own tortillas and they turned out too small for enchiladas. Instead I will make quesadillas. The black beans will turn this into a meatless meal my husband will enjoy. A side of guacamole and chips and possibly a salad will round out the meal.

1 comment:

terricheney said...

Ach...I know the fear of not knowing if I can put things back if I take them out of the freezer. I am trying to use all the stuff down in the bottom but there's all that stuff on the top, lol.

Your menu sounds great. I was thinking I might make a pasta salad this week as well. John really likes that.