Monday, April 21, 2014

I've Been Challenged

It is no secret that we have an overstocked freezer and a fairly full pantry.  While trying to fit something else in a cabinet this past week, W asked how long I thought we could go without buying groceries.  I mentioned that I would need to buy some things as our garden was not producing yet.  The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I could accept his challenge to use what we have.  I told him we needed some ground rules for this modified pantry challenge. 


Here is what we agreed on:
1.  Perishables (produce/dairy) may be purchased.
2.  Other staples may only be purchased if it is a great sale.
3.  Purchases for W's lunch or special events are allowed.
     I will try to make do with what I have first though.
4.  Stock up purchases at a pre-planned Sam's Club trip do not
     count.


I guess now the test to see how long I can go without doing any major grocery shopping begins. 

No comments: