Friday, April 3, 2009

Shopping Trip With Totals

Dh and I ventured out in the rain yesterday to run errands. We stopped at two grocery stores and CVS.

Grocery Store #1 - $10.63
5 Roma tomatoes
4 nectarines
3lb pork loin

Grocery Store #2 - $36.01
chips - 2 (I know, I know - no junk food but chips go great with sandwiches)
relish
hamburger buns
brown rice - 3
sliced ham
sliced turkey
bananas
lb pkgs. of cheese - 3
corn dogs

CVS - $0.81
Nutter Butter
Aviva meter
goldfish crackers - 2
Veet gel cream - 2

I still need to go to Wal-Mart at the first of the week to finish up my shopping. Then I need to seriously consider a freezer challenge as it is filled to the brim. Lunch was subs yesterday for $11. That along with the rest of the shopping leaves me with about $144 of my budget to spend for the rest of the month.

As for the rain we ended up with about 11 inches in less than a week. That means our garden spot is underwater. I was hoping to plant next weekend, but that will most likely have to be put off. It depends on how much of this excess water the trees drink up over the next 7 days.

Tomorrow is yard sale day. I was pricing all of our stuff when my cousin came by to ask if I would sell her things on halves. So...I spent the rest of the afternoon sorting her things. I have everything partially organized. Hopefully we can set up fairly quickly in the morning. I roasted some coffee so I will have fresh caffeine first thing. I have dough for cinnamon rolls going in the bread machine now. Hopefully we will have good luck and plenty of buyers. Pictures and an update tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

hope your garage sale is a big success!

and we have chips in our pantry today, you are right that they are so good with sandwiches and we eat sandwiches most every Sat. for lunch.