Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Menu & Monthly Grocery Budget

I have gotten a bit lax about both menu planning and grocery budget. I decided after my money saving month that I should focus on getting this area under control. First my budget for April 1 - April 30. I had $12 left from last month and my normal monthly budget is $200 for a total of $212. Today's spending was $9 on chicken breasts and Johnson's Buddies. I have $203 left for food this month. That includes any planned eating out. I am planning a few errands tomorrow with stops at a couple of grocery stores, CVS, and Walgreens. DH is going with me so we might stop at Subway to pick up lunch.

Here are my menu ideas for this month:

roast, mashed potatoes, squash, bread
Fish sticks, baked fries, salad
Brunswick stew in bread bowls
Hamburgers, chips
Club pasta salad, crackers
Tacos
Kickin’ Dirty Rice, salad, corn muffins
Sausage, grits, eggs, biscuits
Cubed steak, mac & cheese, veggies
Corn dogs & baked fries
Rustic Chicken Sandwiches on fresh her focaccia, slaw
Korean beef, brown rice, rolls
Waffles & turkey bacon
Chicken Enchiladas, salad
hot ham sandwiches, chips
Big Salads
Herby beef ziti, salad, garlic bread
Shrimp, fries, slaw
Beans & Rice
Taco rice salad
PB&J or Fluff sandwiches
Pork & beans w/ hot dogs & crock scalloped potatoes
Roast sticky chicken, mac & cheese, green beans
Sloppy Joe cups, slaw
Pork Tenderloin, Parmesan noodles, mixed veggies
Turkey breast sandwiches on homemade bread, chips
Pork fried rice
Mac surprise, whole kernel corn, rolls
Pizza, salads
Tuna subs
Turkey ranch wraps
Crock cooker chicken burritos
Beef & bean burritos
French dip sandwiches, slaw, chips
Vegetable frittata
Tortellini, salad, garlic bread
BLTs
Cheddar apple chicken pitas

I have planned two meals out as well as a few leftover nights. I also have two family dinners this month. I am making a double batch of rolls to take to one meal. For the other I am planning to make some petit fours (saw a recipe in Southern Living I want to try) and something else.

I think we are set on snacks. If I buy anything it will be fruits or veggies. I am planning to use my blog to keep myself accountable and on track. Of course I hope to have extra money to take advantage of any sales over the next few weeks. All of that for $203 or less? Wish me luck!

No comments: