Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Yard Sale and Freezer Challenge

I ended up not taking pictures of the actual yard sale. I was too busy doing other stuff and that did not necessarily include helping customers. We had a slow day overall. It was cold to start off and then sunny and warm. I am thinking people stayed home to work in the yard or else were flooded in their yards. We still made a bit of money, and it was a nice day with the neighbors. Here is the aftermath.


Much of this leftover stuff will go to a local women's and children's shelter.



These are all clothes. The majority of it is things from my cousin. She did not want any of it back. I plan to sort and sell what I can on eBay. The rest will go to the shelter.



Next on my blogging topics is a freezer challenge for myself! My freezer is stuffed full and rather unorganized. Here are the pictures to prove it.

Argh! It is annoying to try to get anything out of either freezer and forget doing it without moving half of the stuff. Of course, then it all gets tossed back in willy-nilly. Out of necessity today is the start of a freezer challenge. I will never empty them completely. The big freezer has a couple of deer's worth of meat and plenty of vegetables. I just want to get both freezers under control.

My personal rules are that I can only add to the freezers if it is a great deal. The main purchase I know will go in is SeaPak shrimp. I have coupons expiring soon and this is the only shrimp that does not make me break out in hives so I stock up when I can. I will allow myself to add items to it IF I use only ingredients on hand. The two items that come to mind are these freezer biscuits from A Home with A Smile and homemade rolls or bread. I hope to post some much better after pictures in a few weeks.

My first removal from the freezer was a gallon jug half full of milk and a container of Brunswick stew. It is a slow start but every little bit helps!

No comments: