Monday, August 8, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

I have gotten lax again about menu planning and it has shown in my grocery spending in the past two weeks. This week the plan is to eat from the pantry/freezer. I want to save a portion of my grocery budget for later. I am planning to spend part of it to stock up on a few items. (I am going to a store that I rarely visit which does have better prices on some items.) It feels quite silly to be spending money when I already have enough food on hand for plenty of meals.

Here is my plan for the week:

Pizza
fish, salad, baked sweet potato fries
crab egg salad
sloppy joes, fries
spaghetti, salad, garlic bread
tuna pasta salad
tacos
pancakes/waffles, sausage
tomatoes, sausage, & pasta and corn bread
steak, potatoes, salad

I will probably need to pick up some lettuce this week and maybe some fresh vegetables or fruit. I have everything else on hand. I am also trying to limit my food waste. After cleaning out the fridge this weekend it is obvious I need to do better at using up what I have. I will share that at the end of the week.

No comments: