Wednesday, August 3, 2011

From the Yard

I have been completely lax about taking pictures to post, and I like having pictures. Without them I just end up not posting anything. I thought for the rest of this week I would share some photos from my yard.




First up is the oversized teacup planter I got for my birthday. I have wanted one of these for a few years but would never buy one for myself. I am not sure why since I really do adore them. I was happy to finally have one of my very own. I put three "hens" in it that I ordered from eBay.






Several years ago I bought a wire vase to put on the deck. The problem was I never found anything to put in the wire vase. I tried setting a potted plant into it only to have it continually tip over. I left it empty. I hung onto it though. In the current issue of Better Homes and Gardens I finally found the perfect use for the vase. I filled it with moss and stuck a big "hen" in the top. I put in a few "chicks" around the sides. It is not as fancy as what I saw in the magazine, but I trust that it will grow and fill in. In the meantime I am just happy to have found something to go in the vase.





1 comment:

Helena said...

would also be excellent for growing strawberries in that through the sides!