Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Testing Tuesday - Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes

I am working to get back to posting some of the recipes from Pinterest that I have actually made.  I hope to make this a weekly (or at least bi-monthly) post.

I neglected to take a picture of the Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe's.  You can go here to get the original recipe.  This was a last minute meal but was so good that W asked me to make extra next time.  He wants some in the freezer for quick meals.

I did make a few changes.  I used ground venison/deer, dried mushrooms, dried onions, dried peppers, and pepperjack cheese.  It was all about using what I had on hand.  I rehydrated the veggies before mixing them in with everything else.

I thought it was a nice change from a regular sloppy joe.  It had all the flavor of a cheesesteak and was quick/easy to make.  This recipe is definitely a keeper!

No comments: