Monday, February 2, 2009

Shopping Adventure

After work I ran errands and picked up the weekly sale items. It was more hectic and stressful than it should have been. I was told at one of my favorite regional stores that coupons were no longer being doubled. Turns out the cashier was just improvising although I had to call the store's customer service number to find that out. The store is still doubling. Then I was almost in a car accident in another store's parking lot. Someone was cutting across the parking lot rather than driving down the appropriate lanes, which is another major pet peeve thing that I am obsessive/compulsive about. Honestly her SUV was inches from my car. It was a relief to get home.

My first stop was Walgreens. Using my gift card, I purchased the Right Guard deodorant that is giving a $5 register reward (RR) first. This is the deodorant that DH perfers so I buy it when it is on sale. I used the $5RR and my gift card to purchase the other items. I bought multi-purpose solution, Zucol lozenges, Revlon lipgloss and concealer, Thermacare patch, Contour meter (I have low blood sugar and like to test occasionally), and Garnier spray. My total was covered by the gift card. I will get 90 cents more than I paid when I submit for the rebates. The deodorant and meter were the only items not part of the February rebate. I only paid tax for the meter as I had a coupon.

Next I went to the grocery store where I had a problem with my coupons. I did not purchase the items since I was buying them due to having coupons that would double. I went to the same store only a different location and used one coupon to purchase mustard. It doubled so I knew the first store was incorrect. Hopefully the district manager will be able to get the cashier's trained on coupons. I am not one to call and complain, but I have had problems for months at this store and enough is enough. Total OOP was $1.04.

Next was Walmart. These were items that I had coupons for or the smaller store I went to last week did not carry. I bought mini corn on the cob, SeaPak poppers, ham slices, coffee creamer, Johnson's Buddies soap, Kashi bars, and imitation vanilla. The vanilla is for my warm milk at night. I just needed something cheap to give it a touch of flavor. My total was $10.43.

Last stop was Dollar General for canned soup and boxed mac & cheese. The Kraft mac & cheese is my stress food. I was certainly stressed so that was my lunch. Total OOP: 2.63.

My total for the day was $14.10. I had a dime in my purse so I rounded down to $14 OOP. I have $120 left in my February budget. My coupon savings for the month is:$28.98.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

What a good shopping day you had! I don't like people who cut through parking lots either - it's just too risky!!