Thursday, May 14, 2009

Garden Update





I took these pictures on Monday but at dragging in getting them posted. Here is another overview of the main garden. We have been eating yellow squash this week. I sliced some and fried them. Others went into a pork chop bake along with asparagus (from the store) and potatoes from the family garden.




Here are close ups of the popcorn and the yellow squash.





We have tiny cucumbers and tomatoes. The tomato picture was a huge blur.



I moved the plants in buckets into a better planned area so they could be easier to mow around and easier to water. The eggplant especially has really grown this week.


Finally the lettuces and spinach. I have some more seeds started but am wondering where to put them. It has grown even more since I took these pictures. It is so very nice to have fresh lettuce in the backyard. I am looking forward to the other vegetables starting to produce so we can have even healthier salads.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

I love to see gardens when they have just started. I love all your plants. Wish I lived closer to enjoy some of your wonderful vegetables!