Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thrift Store Find

I like shoes but have an odd size foot so finding shoes that fit and do not make me look like a third grader is a challenge. I wear a 3 1/2 in women's and a 1 to 2 in children's. I have been able to special order shoes in the past in size 3 1/2. The last time I bought dress shoes I could only find a size 4 and I paid $80 for them. Now I do love those shoes and will most likely get my money's worth out of them. Still $80 is a chunk of change when we are saving for a new house.

A couple of weeks ago my local Salvation Army had a $1 sale on all clothing and shoes. I found some tops, a dress, some jeans, and the shoes pictured below.
They are all in excellent shape, only cost $1 a pair, and are a size 3 1/2!! That was truly a miracle and definitely a blessing. I plan to take good care of each pair and will enjoy them for years to come. I admit I often get discouraged about my inability to find clothing that fits. I like to think this was God's way of saying He is here to help with all of my problems. Some people would say God does not have time to worry about my finding thrifty shoes. I know He cares about all of my concerns.

I pray in this coming month that each of you receive a special, unexpected miracle from God!

No comments: