Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hot Cocoa on a Cold Day

The temperatures have been unseasonably cold in the south this week. A friend recently shared a review of a homemade hot cocoa mix that she had made. I am not sure that it is cheaper than the store bought versions, but it is definitely better. I made up a batch and am already on my second batch. The recipe comes from the Hillbilly Housewife. She offers recipes for homemade versions of many other convenience foods. Homemade versions allow me to control the amount of salt, sugar, and other additives in the foods I eat.

Enjoying a cup of cocoa and a good book is my favorite way to pass a cold winter's day!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Hi Dawn
did you know you won the cereal coupons on my blog?
I've emailed you but maybe it is going to your spam

just email your mailing info to me and I will mail them to you