Friday, January 29, 2010

Pie Crust Cookies

A couple of weeks ago I made a chicken pot pie. I had some extra crust left over. I balled up the bits and rolled it back out. I used a small scallopped cookie cutter to cut out rounds. I sprinkled them with cinnamon and sugar and baked them at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. My husband declared them to be yummy shortbread type cookies.


Next time I will sprinkle both sides with cinammon/sugar. Other than that I was pleased with how they turned out. My homemade pie crusts are always a bit more than I need, and I had been throwing away the excess. Who knew I was missing out on a tasty treat?!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Dawn - My mom used to roll out the extra dough and sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar, then roll it up and slice like cinnamon rolls. She baked them along with the pie, and those were for us kids for a little snack. Yum! :o)

Dawn said...

That sounds good too, Tammy. I will have to give that a try.