Monday, January 4, 2010

Money Saving Monday: Homemade Fabric Softener

One of the areas I try to be frugal in is laundry. I line dry most of my clothes. I also use homemade laundry detergent for most of the everyday laundry. I had been using plain white vinegar for fabric softener. I found that I missed the scent of conventional fabric softener.

A couple of online friends had been discussing homemade fabric softener. One of them, Rhonda, post the recipe on her blog. I had an empty vinegar jug, a bottle of Garnier Fructis conditioner, and a new container of vinegar. It took just a minute to mix up the homemade fabric softener, and I have plenty of vinegar leftover as well as free conditioner in my stockpile to make more. I am happy to have a frugal alternative to conventional fabric softener and a nice scent to my laundry.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

I am so glad to see you posting again. I know you shall met your goal for your house as this year unfolds and you save the money. I will have to check out Rhonda's blog and read about her fabric softener. I have several bottles of conditioner that I could use! Welcome back!