Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Grocery Challenge - Week 2

I had no idea how I was going to stay on budget last week. Not only was I already short on grocery money, but I also had to cook items for a two-day family reunion. I lucked out on the family reunion as I was asked to make cinnamon rolls, crescent rolls, and baked beans. I already had plenty of flour for making the bread items, and pork and beans were on sale last week. The second iffy moment came when my husband went grocery shopping with me and started tossing items into the cart. Amazingly I came in $7.21 under budget. Here is what I bought:

snack chips/crackers - 4
cereal
pork and beans - 5
dill pickles
Mrs. Dash
Nesquik
lettuce
peaches
nectarines
milk
half-gallon ice cream - 2
toaster strudel - 4

I spent $39.60 last week. The best part is that a few of the planned meals from last week were not eaten and can be carried over to this week. I feel like I am in good shape!

No comments: