Monday, August 26, 2013

Miss Me? I was Busy Baking Cupcakes

Between being sick and having Internet issues everything computer related has fallen by the wayside.  Once I started feeling human again I spent some time trying out the cupcake cookbook (Martha Stewart's Cupcakes) I got for my birthday.  I tried the marble cupcakes first and made them glazed and unglazed.


The unglazed were actually better to me.  It was a moist cupcake that was not overly sweet.  I also made the peanut butter with peanut butter frosting but forgot to take pictures.  Those were a bit overdone on the peanut butter.  I will do them next time but swap out either the cupcake or the frosting with chocolate.

This past weekend I made the yellow buttermilk cupcakes and used this Nutella frosting recipe.  It was a nice balance for the plain cupcake. 


I really prefer baking from scratch.  I find that my cupcakes are lighter than when I use a cake mix.  All three of the recipes I have tried have been good.  I seriously doubt I will get through all 175 recipes, but it has been fun to experiment a bit.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

Lovely cupcakes. They look delicious!