Monday, August 17, 2015

Weekly Savings and Plans

This week is a bit up in the air so I am going to skip planning a set menu.  We have plenty of options on hand.  Meals will most certainly be simple.

Weekly Savings
*I sliced and froze an assortment of peppers from the garden.  I will use these in fajitas during the winter months.

*I took advantage of a free shipping code to order the yarn I need to finish a baby blanket.

*I made rolls to take to a family dinner.  It was inexpensive but much appreciated.

*I write many letters and make my own stationery.  I use rubber stamps and a nice weight of copy paper.  One pack of paper gives me enough stationery to last for 15 months.

*I took advantage of an Amazon sale and discounts to order a large pack of baby wipes for just over $2 for our new nephew's Christmas present.  He will be just 6 months old at Christmas so I think this will be more useful than a toy.


Plans
The start of the Holiday Grand Plan is only two weeks away.  I am working on a few projects that I want to work on that do not fit in the plan.  I am going to do my best to finish these within the next two weeks.

*Clean golf cart ~ Done  I have no intention of letting it get in such a mess again.

*Organize recipe books ~ I plan to focus on this item this week as I am a bit under the weather.  It will be a good task for sitting and resting.

*Knit 16 hats for the Christmas shoeboxes. I finished 8 last week.  I still need 80 but will have some help with those.

*Prepare garden for fall planting. ~ I made some progress before I got sick.  This will wait until next week.

3 comments:

Lilac Dreams said...

Sorry to hear your sick, just hope it goes away real fast!

I have though about knitting hats but never tried.
Tracey

Lilac Dreams said...

Sorry to hear your sick, just hope it goes away real fast!

I have though about knitting hats but never tried.
Tracey

Dawn said...

Tracey, I use a circle loom to knit the hats. It is really easy and they go together quickly. I use the orange loom you can get at Michael's. It is a nice size for all ages.