Monday, December 4, 2017

Weekly Goals Update: Week 49

1.  Completely Finish New House & Update Property
The only thing I accomplished on this goal was finally buying curtains for the living room and bedroom.  I have picked out a curtain rod for the bedroom, but W will need to build one for the living room.  The weather is supposed to be damp and rainy all this week.  That will limit what we can do. 

2.  Plan Ahead for Birthday & Holiday Gifts
I did end up ordering a second copy of Moo for my nephew.  I am almost done with the photo gifts for my parents.  The plan is to order those this week.  With the cooler weather moving in, I will put on a Christmas movie, make some hot chocolate, and wrap gifts this week!  The photo gifts should be the last thing on my list to purchase.  It will be nice to be done early.

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
I will start harvesting some lettuce this week so salads will be on the menu more often.  I have also been harvesting greens for the rabbits.  I need to harvest some for the chickens this week.

4.  Take One Class a Month
I will be focusing on Christmas treats this week.  I doubt there will be any extra time for a class.  I plan to pick this back up after the holidays.

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
Done!  This year's boxes went to Tanzania, Mali, Belize, and Jamaica.

6.  Boost Savings
No extra money into savings this past week.  This seems to be a bad time of year for savings.  I did use some Amazon gift cards to buy a few wants/needs.  I am at least trying to avoid any impulse purchases.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi Dawn, we didn’t even try to money in savings this month, seems there is always a need for extra spending in December.
So far Christmas spending is under what we planned so maybe come the end of the month, there will be unspent funds that we can move to savings.

terricheney said...

We're spot on with gift budget and I have a little to go into savings but I'm thinking of just holding on to it for restocking next month. Supplies are low and it's just too congested in stores to really do serious pantry shopping. We've been working on the quick in/quick out method of late. I have 'extra' folks in the house three nights this week and a house full over the weekend.