Friday, December 1, 2017

Frugal Friday

In spite of being a bit spend-y recently I have worked on saving some money. 

I did very little Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping.  I had been on the lookout for a new crockpot since the lid on mine no longer closes securely.  I ended up purchasing it from Kohl's along with some on sale curtains for the house so I could get free shipping. 

I waited on sales for the online consignment stores (Schoola, Swap, and ThredUp).  I was glad that I waited until Cyber Monday when the sales were better, and I got free shipping.

I never got around to making my Christmas cards this year so I followed a tip from Frugalwoods.  I ordered postcards from VistaPrint.  I waited for a sale so they were budget friendly. 

I focused meals on what we had on hand.  I am cleaning out the refrigerator freezers first, and then I will tackle the big freezer.  I am not doing an official pantry challenge, but I am trying to eat what we have. 

I ordered some free magazine subscriptions with a couple of free gift cards, points from Recycle Bank, and Reward Survey. 


1 comment:

terricheney said...

I feel so out of focus already and December has only just started. My to do list includes needing to buy gifts and pack and wrap boxes and plan a meal for family in the next two weeks time. Just as I think I've got it all under control something changes, lol. I too am putting bigger goals on hold until January and in the meantime I'm squeezing pennies to make things happen because I feel like ENOUGH has been spent already.