Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Weekly Goals Update Week 48

I started off so good with the goals and updates.  Then life got in the way.  I have decided that some need to go on the back burner for the rest of this year. 

1. Completely Finish the New House & Update Property
This was a crazy month.  Honestly I feel like every one of my goals took a back seat, and I accomplished close to nothing.  W did finish the touch up painting in the hall and foyer.  I picked out and ordered a door handle for the pantry door.  We hosted Thanksgiving at our house.  My focus was on cleaning and preparing for that.  This week W is working on vehicle repairs.  He is putting house projects aside to get two of our vehicles plus the golf cart running again. 


2.  Plan Ahead for Holiday & Birthday Gifts
Birthday gifts are done for the year.  I finally found books for the four nearly six year old girls.  I bought two books from The Princess in Black series.  My two year old niece liked Cat so much that I ordered Moo for her.  I might get that for the two year old nephew too.  I need to get pictures together for my parents' photo calendar. 

3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
Nothing happened in the garden this past week.  I do need to harvest some peppers this weekend.


4.  Take One Class a Month
I need to focus on baking holiday goodies.  I doubt that I will get around to any classes until after New Year's. 

5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget - Done
The boxes were sent to a local collection location earlier this month.  They will then go to a distribution center before being sent out to the children.  I used trackable shoebox labels so I will find which countries the boxes go to.


6.  Boost Savings
Hmmm....November was a spendy month.  We purchased the fence, but it ended up being higher than quoted.  We also adopted a puppy.  We did not know that he was sick, and he ended up spending 5 days at the vet.  Thankfully that bill was lower than expected, but it was still an extra expense.  We are still focused on saving, but at this point it will be paying ourselves back.  Life - it goes that way sometimes.

1 comment:

wolfek said...

I had always wanted to do a shoebox and you inspired me. I am on a limited income but was able to do three boxes. I have already started thinking of things for next year. Thanks so much for posting about them.