Friday, November 10, 2017

Weekly Goals Update Week 45

I had started this earlier in the week but never got around to finishing it.  I am posting it late.  Sorry for the lack of pictures!

1.  Completely Finish House & Update Property
I painted the aquarium cabinet with some help from W.  The thought of painting it was much worse than actually doing it.  It took part of day to get it all painted and put back together.  It looks so much better.  We decluttered a bit while we were at it.

W also put some more molding down this past week and ordered the new fencing.  I am not sure what is on the plan for this week.  I expect some touch up painting will be on my list.


2.  Plan ahead for Birthday & Holiday Gifts
I plan to work on handmade gifts this week. 


3.  Use the Garden to Be More Self-Sufficient
The artichoke seedlings are doing well.  They are too small to be set outside.  I am keeping the pepper plants and greens watered.  Otherwise I am in between seasons.


4.  Take One Class a Month
I hope to get back on track with this goal during November.  I might tackle an easier class with the holidays looming.


5.  Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes on a Budget
Done - I finished packing the boxes with help from the youth.  I just need to go through the last 50 and give them a final check.  They will be ready to send out next week.  I plan to take a few weeks off and then organize the leftovers for next year.


6.  Boost Savings
I feel like we have been spendy lately.  I did a big stock up trip to Sam's.  I wanted to get it done in advance of the holidays.  Crowds are not my favorite thing about this time of year.  We also paid our house insurance for a year, auto insurance for six months, and property taxes.  I stick up money monthly for these expenses, but it is a big amount going out at once.

1 comment:

terricheney said...

#6...I feel your pain. We just paid our property taxes and now the house insurance for a full year. Even with saving a little along, it hurts just a bit to see that balance drop like a ball on a wrecking crane. I set a new goal this year...to have TWO years worth of money set aside for those annual fees and renewals. It will still be a big drop but at least the balance won't look quite so bleak when it goes out as it did this time, lol.