Thursday, November 2, 2017

52 New Recipes: Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs

I am completely off track with new recipes.  While I have been trying a bunch to go along with cookbooks I am reviewing, it is not easy to share those.  I decided to simply jump back in and start from where I am.

This week's new recipe is jalapeno popper deviled eggs.  These are so yummy and are now my favorite deviled egg recipe.  I adjusted it slightly.  I skip putting a jalapeno slice in each egg.  Instead I leave the seeds/membrane in when I dice up the jalapeno.  It adds an extra bit of spice without being too hot.  These have been a hit each time I made them.  I plan to add them to my Thanksgiving dinner spread.



I love using this deviled egg tray.  It has a nice area in the center for me to add sliced jalapeno peppers.  It gives people a clue that the eggs are spicy and allows those who want more heat to pick up a few slices. 

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I printed this out and will make it this week. My family loves all things "popper". Greg got all the peppers out of the garden before the hard freeze last week, so we still have a few to use.