Sunday, November 5, 2017

Weekend Book Review: Queso!

Queso! by Lisa Fain offers readers regional recipes for the oh so popular cheese dip.  I admit that I was a bit scared to get this book.  You see I do not eat the blocks of processed "cheese" that are normally used in queso.  I was afraid I would not find anything to make.  I was happy to find that many of the recipes use cheese.  For those of us who fall into the anti-processed cheese category, the author solves that problem with a sodium citrate cheese sauce.  While the name is not the most appealing, the finished product is.  It allowed me to make a block of colby cheese as smooth and creamy when melted as the processed cheese.  It was even better since it tasted like real cheese.  I have used the cheese sauce in other recipes calling for "you know what" and it worked perfectly. 


The author gives readers a history of queso as well as an in depth descriptions of chiles and cheeses used in making queso.  I marked a variety of recipes to try including Bacon-Green Chile Queso Burgers, Greek Queso, and Spinach Queso Blanco.  With this book you can be the hit of any party, if you are willing to share!

disclosure:  I received this book through Blogging for Books but was not otherwise compensated for this review.  All opinions are my own!

No comments: