Friday, November 3, 2017

Frugal Friday

As I mentioned in my Weekly Update post, I took Tucker and Libby to the low cost clinic to be fixed.  At our local vet having a boy cat fixed is around $90 with the girl costing more.  I spent $80 for both cats to be fixed and receive their rabies shots.  The people at the clinic are wonderful.  I dropped off the kittens that morning and picked them up that afternoon.  My mom took her kitten Mozzie to be fixed at the same time.  It makes taking in homeless kittens a bit more affordable.

I looked at buying invitation envelopes for my Thanksgiving note cards and Christmas cards.  I could get 100 pre-made envelopes for around $11 online.  A pack of 250 sheets of cardstock was less than $8.  I have plenty of glue sticks bought during the school sales.  I have an envelope tool/scoring board that makes them easy to make.

I got two Amazon gift cards from Coke's new reward program.

I ordered two inserts for my door mat for free after using a gift card earned through Swagbucks.

I ordered Woman's Day and Good Housekeeping subscriptions from Recycle Bank.

I gave myself a Halloween manicure.  It was nothing fancy, but I expect it would cost me more than I would want to pay at a salon.


I had a nice dinner out at a women's ministry meeting at a nearby church. 


We have used the heat/air minimally as the weather has settled into what passes for autumn in the south.


I made cookies instead of buying candy for Halloween. 


I did the usual:  packed W lunches, hung out laundry, and planned meals from the pantry/freezer.

1 comment:

terricheney said...

I chuckled over 'what passes for autumn in the South' comment. It was 86f in one area we went through today though most read 82f which is still mighty warm. Pretty colors along the road though northwest area of the state. I wish we had such color 40 miles south in our home area!

Thanks for the heads up on the rewards from Coke. I got a gift card and warned John to start saving points once more.