Thursday, April 5, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Week 13

I expected this to only be a day late due to my spending way too much time in the garden, but I was sidelined for a few days with a migraine.  One day I will get back on track!


1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 13 was spiritual preparedness.  I spent some time thinking about my beliefs which happen to be founded in Christianity.  One thing I think is most important is to be thankful for and content with what I have.  Others will always have more but at the same time others will always have less.  If you are religious, practice your faith.  If you are not, look for ways to find peace be it meditation or quiet time.


2.  Makeover the Garden
I spent week 13 cleaning out a couple of raised beds to prepare them for planting.  Between the cold weather a couple of days and getting ready for Easter, I did not get much done in the garden.


3.  Organize Recipes
I went through Pinterest and deleted a few more recipes that I was no longer interested in trying.  Am I the only one who will look at a recipe one time and think it will be the greatest thing ever only to look at it later and wonder why I thought that would be good?  I find that I do that with magazines too. 


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
It did not happen in week 13 but I am aiming to skip the grocery stores one week in April!


5.  Focus on Saving
I am stuck on lowering our electric bill.  I have a confession to make.  Up until our new house I never had central heat/air.  Our 120+ year old former home had no insulation and was heated with a wood heater.  I was always cold.  I thought when we moved I would be the one to keep the temperature warmer.  Instead W is the one who is trying to make the house warmer.  Fortunately the house holds its temperature well, but I am still not the one who is cold.  April and May should mean we rarely use the heat or air.  I like being able to monitor our daily electricity usage and love seeing it below 20kwh a day.


6.  Have Fun
I did spend some time last week just sitting in the garden reading or writing letters while Toby played.  He loves running around the garden or digging in one of the unused beds.  He is content and so am I.  Plus it allows W to sleep in a bit since the house is quiet.

No comments: