Monday, April 23, 2018

Weekly Goals Update: Weeks 15 & 16

1.  Disaster Preparedness
Week 15 was more medical supplies.  Week 16 was survival tools.  I feel pretty good about the items for both weeks.  I do not think it is possible to always have everything for every situation.  If I can hit the high points, I am happy.


2.  Makeover the Garden
I have two raised beds filled and planted with either seeds or plants.  I still need a second herb bed.  We have all of the materials for building it.  I also have a final raised bed to fill.  I hope to get a garden tour post up later this week.


3.  Organize Recipes
I have been too busy outside to work on this.


4.  Have 13 No Spend Grocery Weeks
With our current situation I expect to get this and then some.  I added one no spend week during week 15 which brings my total to four. I had a very low spend week last week as I only purchased a bag of potatoes.  I will have to do some shopping this week though.  I am out of flour (all-purpose and bread).  Both are definite needs.  My plan is to buy what I need for the next couple of weeks and skip going into town next week.


5.  Focus on Saving
I am continuing to look for more ways to save and ways to bring in some extra money.  I have cut some unnecessary expenses to help our money go a little further.  This past week our focus was on eating up leftovers.  Right now very little food goes to waste.  Vegetable scraps go to the chickens/rabbits or into the compost bin. 


6.  Have Fun
I can honestly say that most of the past few weeks has not been fun.  Toward the end of week 16 I started to feel like things will be okay.  I have had fun working on ideas for my Etsy shop.  I am planning to add things in stages.  While recent events have been a bit scary, I am excited that W and I are both pursuing something we really love.

No comments: