Friday, March 8, 2019

Frugal Friday

I am on a roll with two posts in two days.  It has been a while since I did a frugal post. 


I skipped grocery shopping this week.  We had plenty of food on hand so we just ate from the freezer/pantry. 


I used a gift card from Swagbucks to buy the seed starting mix I needed.


I have been feeding the rabbits lettuce and mustard from the garden.  They love it, and I love that it is free.


I have been drying nettle for the chickens.  The garden is full of stinging nettle this time of year.  It is a good herb to help with laying.  I have nearly a gallon bag so far.


We turned the heat off for a week.  It has been needed this week, but the week before the temps were close to 80 degrees.  The house stayed within a couple of degrees of where we keep the thermostat.


I cut back the pepper plants that were still growing in the garden.  They are sprouting back out since we have not had a hard freeze.  That gives me several well established plants that will start producing sooner.


Those are the highlights from the past two weeks. 

No comments: