Sunday, March 10, 2019

Weekend Book Reviews

Hentopia by Frank Hyman promises a hassle free habitat for happy chickens.  This book is best for home with a few chickens.  Living in the country I know there is a predator resistant pen but not a predator proof one.  I also could not imagine leaving my chickens for an extended period of time.  For people living in the city who want to keep a few hens, this is an informative book.  The feeder and waterer designs are well done.  Overall it is a good book for beginner chicken owners.

The PVC Pipe Book by Chris Peterson includes over 50 projects made with PVC pipe.  Many of the projects are quite clever.  I know my dog would love the pet wash.  Several of the items are not very cost effective and also take more time than I want to invest in something made from PVC.  Some exceptions are the safety gate as it would be easy to adjust the size and the photographer's helper. The just for fun section has projects that would be great to make along with children.  I found the book to be inspiring, and it made me think of PVC projects in a new light.

No-Waste Kitchen Gardening by Katie Elzer-Peters will make you look at kitchen scraps in a whole new way  With growing tips and fun facts for the fruits and vegetables featured, the book offers more than just the basics.  Some of the plants were things I already grow, but I learned several new things.  This is a wonderful book for those wanting to put scraps to good use by turning them into more food.

disclosure:  I received these e-books through NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinions are my own!


No comments: