Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Garden Plants

I planted some dollar store flower seeds and was pleasantly surprised at how well they have grown.  I have zinnias and sunflowers.  My plan is to collect the seeds and expand the flower garden next year.



I bought some lime and red zinnia seeds.  I planted them in a raised bed, but the baby chicks got into it right after I planted.  I was happy to find a couple of seeds survived and grew.  I will definitely be saving seeds from this variety.


The banana peppers are growing well.


The popcorn fell victim to a recent storm and the animals.  Next year I will put fencing around it.  I still think that I will be able to harvest several ears.


Finally the bay tree is putting on piles of new growth.  It is exciting to see how well it is doing.  I love having fresh bay leaves to use in cooking.

2 comments:

wolfek said...

I haven't been able to see your pictures since your m and m cake blog. I can see your book reviews fine. I can't figure out what is wrong. I unsubscribed and oversubscribed just now. Sure hope that helps.

wolfek said...

Resubscribed