Saturday, July 13, 2019

Weekend Book Reviews

The Best of the Best Rice Cooker Cookbook by Beth Hensperger offers 100 recipes for your rice cooker.  I found several recipes that would help me better utilize my rice cooker.  The best recipes to me were the basic ones for cooking different types of rice.  I was not certain that some of the hot cereal recipes would work in my specific rice cooker.  The author gave thorough and clear instructions for each of the recipes and will be a useful addition to my kitchen. 

Phillip Schmidt and Todd H. Bol's book Little Free Libraries & Tiny Sheds features 12 examples to build.  Everything from standard to artsy to whimsical is shown through both the projects and the multiple photos of finished libraries and sheds. Step by step instructions are given to help beginner builders feel confident.  This is a fun and inspiring book!

Kawaii Origami by Chrissy Pushkin is full of creative origami projects.  My favorite was the tiny trash can.  The pictures are amazing and bring the book to life.  The projects are for advanced origami makers or those with a better grasp of directions.  Once I was shown how to do a few of the folds, it was much easier.  With a bit of patience this would be a great book for any origami lover.

disclosure:  I received these e-books through NetGalley but was not otherwise compensated for these reviews.  All opinons are my own!

No comments: